*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Friday, February 20, 2009

Gaah!

You will recall my recent enthusiasm toward knitting "Lizard Ridge" from Knitty. Well, I finally finished my crocheted cardigan (photos later if I like it- if not, you will have to use your imagination) and instantaneously (ok, I really did it a tiny bit before I even finished) cast on for Lizard Ridge. I started knitting and got to the short rows... and messed them up. What? You mean I have to pick up the wraps? Plus, knitting backwards did not work out quite as well as I had expected... So far I have knit the beginning of square one twice, and I am currently back to a ball of yarn. Oh well- I shall persevere, because I am smarter than a ball of yarn, most of the time.
__

The other day, I left the house on my way to work, and spied this:
A gift from the neigbor's cat. He used to be a stray, and my husband would feed him every night- now he brings us worms as gifts. Woohoo!

I put them in the grass and send them on their (wormy) way.

5 That's what you say!:

Blogger Manda said...

eeeeeeeew.
sweet, i guess. could be worse, i guess. but eeeeeew!!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwww and ewwww all at once. Athough, my dog used to catch mice as gifts. So I supposed worms are easier to manage.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Pencil Me In said...

He appears to be showing you all his feline gratitude, which is more than most cats do! ;-)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Stefaneener said...

In my Virginia apartment, worms would crawl under the door when it rained. Then they'd get progressively dryer and stick to the floor. It was always an adventure coming downstairs!

How nice of kitty, and how nice of you to rescue them.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Stefaneener said...

Yum. I used to live in an apartment into which worms would crawl on rainy days and get halfway across the parquet, right at the bottom of the stairs, before they'd start drying out and sticking to the floor.

Just where I would come down barefoot in the morning.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home