*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Alpacalicious

Today, there was an alpaca show at the fairgrounds near my house. So, being the dedicated knitters that we are, DillyDally Knitter, the intrepid (yet blogless) Betts and I went off in search of yarn.

We learned lots about alpacas, especially since before we got there, we weren't quite sure what an alpaca was.



They were very friendly, and happy to pose for the camera.




This guy just got a haircut- hence the 80s jerrycurl look.




DillyDally gets a snorgle from a friend!




Of course there was the yarn too...


This is my purchase- 875 yards of "Suri Elegance" to knit a feather and fan scarf with.


DillyDally also brought me a gift- can you guess what it was from the before and after photos?



My circular needles before

My Circular needles after. Thanks DillyDally!

Finally, here is the sock yarn haul for the week (except for my Rockin Sock Club yarn that came on Wednesday- I will wait to show that)! This is Sundara yarn, and the beautifully named colorways are Pine over Pollen (green) Port over Nectar (red) and something that I cannot remember over something else that I cannot remember (blue).

2 That's what you say!:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

Hehe, loves me some Alpaca action!

It was a fun day!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Those alpaca are adorable!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home