*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Sunday, June 25, 2006

My SP8 is the best!

My Secret Pal is the greatest. Look what a fun package she sent me- she has been telling me that she is stranded on a desert island, so everything had a tropical island theme! She send excellent decorated flip flops (and I looooove flip flops- how can you not love a shoe that comes in every color of the rainbow but costs only $4.95?), a very cool straw bag (perfect for my knitting and very cute too!), stuff to make tropical drinks (ok, maybe tropical jello shots), funky palm tree straws and a coconut glass, and loads of other great stuff! Yay secret pal!


The goodies from inside the bag- a knitting journal, Some Lambs Pride worsted (Noni bag here I come!!! Woohoo!), and two skeins of Plymouth Obsession in really pretty tropical colors that I think will become a moebeus. And in the card that she sent (with a drawing of a person stranded on a tropical island and "need yarn" written in the sand large enough for an airplane to see!), my SP says that there is a clue, presumably to her identity or location. Hmmmm.... Plymouth, Mass? Or the Lambs Pride is made in Nebraska.... Or there were (notice that they make it to the photo...)some Swedish Fish in there...

Here is the decoration from the inside of the package that my SP sent- she has been saying that she is stranded with Wilson from the Tom Hanks movie "Castaway" so there are hashmarks to mark the days, and a little "Wilson was here" grafitti.



Even the Friday the 13th got into the fun!



And on another note, my friends are the greatest too! I have been looking everywhere for Knit Klips, including Stitches West and TKGA but they just weren't to be found anywhere at all except Patternworks. Then the other night I went to my knitting group, and DillyDally Knitter said she had a present for me. She got me some Knit Klips! How excellent is she?


3 That's what you say!:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Very excellent! And your secret pal too. I love that bag, and the festive tropical furry greeter.

12:54 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Looks like you got a super cute package from your SP. I love the creativity!

Also, I applaud you for getting that great photo of kitty in a lei. Mine would have shot off like a rocket.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

pal with a great imagination! how fun!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home