*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hi Secret Pal!

Woo hoo- I heard from my secret pal today! (Hi Secret Pal!) She seems excellent, and according to her she is stranded on a desert island with only Wilson the volleyball for companionship. Oh, and her computer, which I must say is extremely convenient- now she can order sunscreen and bikinis via the internet when she needs to, plus umbrellas for all of the coconut drinks that she must drink.

I have been practically chained to my desk for the last few days writing a proposal for a big e-learning project and making animated tape measures and stuff for another project, but in between the tape measures and the formal writing I did manage to get just a tiny bit of knitting done. I re-did my cardigan button bands (it was a no-go on the holy intervention) as applied button bands and went down a needle size too, which worked out to look a lot less sucky than the original. I knit the collar separately too, and am about 1/3 of the way through sewing it on using the
free loop back stitch method illustrated so well by Skinny Rabbit. So finally, it is almost done.

And, guess what I got in the mail yesterday (besides a 3d studio max training guide)? Yep- it's a vintage Patons Beehive yarn holder. Ooooooh aaaaaaaaahhhhh. My yarn will feel all snuggly in there.

4 That's what you say!:

Blogger Jodie said...

I like the yarn beehive cozy. You should pick a display area for it close to where you knit.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Ceallach said...

Okay, even without knowing what the beehive yarn cosy is, it makes a GREAT photo!

2:35 PM  
Blogger becky said...

Yay for free loop backstitch! [High fives you.]

4:30 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I"m soooooo jealous of the beehive holder. Can you see how green I am??

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home