*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Tardy Easter!

Happy tardy Easter everyone! Please excuse my tardiness- I was away for Easter weekend and now I am being overrun with client work. I did have a lovely holiday, though, spent in San Luis Obispo, Ca. SLO is the home of CalPoly, and as a result there is a ton of great stuff to eat, drink, and buy. AND (get this!) if you drive back up the coast a little from SLO, you get to Cambria, home of Ball & Skein & More (and lots more great shopping), which rocks. But, if you keep going... you get to Hearst Castle. And the thing about Hearst Castle (aside from the fact that it is absolutely overrun with the most unbelievably fabulous antiques from all over the world, including walls, doors, and fancy-schmancy ceilings) is that there are real live zebras that live there. How cool is that? So sometimes, when you drive up the highway, they are right there next to the road munching away on the grass. Neat huh? And I guess that they go well with the elephant seals that live across the street!

So when I left last Friday, knitting bag on my arm, I was absolutely convinced that I would finish the last piece of my koigu cardigan before I walked back through my front door on Sunday. But noooo- I got almost no knitting done at all. It's not like I didn't have the time- a 3 hour car ride and in-laws who go to bed at 9:30 make for lots of knitting time. But I didn't knit. Maybe it was the wine, maybe it was the salt air (maybe it was the zebras!)... I just didn't do it. Don't you hate when that happens?

2 That's what you say!:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

I used to do college recruiting and loved going to SLO.

I love the cherry charms! hmmm...maybe a cocktail cherry charm bag is in my future..better get over to ebay.

Oh, and I have major Australian needle envy.

9:03 PM  
Blogger becky said...

Happy belated Easter! Did you get to eat all those chocolate eggs yourself? :-)

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home