*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Monday, March 20, 2006

Camel haired itchiness.

Ok, so here is another FO- the handspun camel sweater. Clearly it does not have the buckles that I want it to have (yet)- I still have to find some and figure out what to do with them. But anyway, here are the stats- it is made from about a billion yards of hand spun baby camel fiber (and no, I did not have to spin more!) and I designed it myself. I like extra long sleeves, and these are just right (knuckle length)!! The front will cross over and buckle on one side once I find the coolest buckles ever. I like it without the buckles too, though, as evidenced by the photo of me wearing it... it is actually pretty handy-dandy, as the ribbing makes the front reeeeaaaallllly stretchy, so it is easy to pull it out and wrap it around yourself (like if you live in the Bay Area and have to go out and get your mail in the pouring rain for the millionth day in a row). And it's toasty too! Of course, if I wanted to wear it with, say, something that did not cover every inch of exposed flesh underneath I would end up scratching the very flesh from my bones, but I'm ok with that.

And, just to prove that it is officially spring, look who I found sitting in a tree in my yard, just waiting for me to snap a picture (note the gray "I'm going to pour any second" sky in the background)? Ok, really, we have hummingbirds all year round, but isn't he (or she- I am sure there is a way to tell, but I am clearly not that skilled when it comes to assinging gender to tiny noisy birds) uber- cute?

He invited a friend too- then they had a bit of an argument during which they flew around and tried to peck each other (or maybe they were really going in the opposite direction, if you get my drift...)and then they flew off into the sunset together (really it was only 11:00 am, but whatever).

And yes, I have been working on my dreaded Clapotis, now that I have no way to procrastinate with another project. I even got to do the drop a stitch part last night, which is excellently fun.

4 That's what you say!:

Blogger Maeve said...

I LOVE the camel-sweater - even though I can feel the itchy-ness from here. ;) It looks FABULOUS!

2:07 PM  
Blogger becky said...

It looks fabulous! And high fives all around on the long sleeves. I prefer longer sleeves myself.

P.S. I'm sorry if this comment went through twice. I had to submit it twice as the first comment didn't seem to go through.

9:04 AM  
Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

Thank you so much for your comments! And just for the record, I always always want to email you all back, but stupid blogger will not send me your email addresses of blog links! Grrrr...

1:07 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Ah the sweater is grand. Just the thing for cold rainy days inside looking out. Long sleeved sweaters are cozy. Congrats on finishing and wearing it.

About the birds, the bottom left bird looks like a begging baby. The one with it looks like a female, ditto the one above. There are two species that hang around San Francisco all year, Rufus and Allen's, though both have migrating populations. Their females are very hard to tell apart. We see both species in the South, too, on their way through. I have some Anna's and Costa's on my blog. Sweet little birds. Thanks for the piccies.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home