*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Saturday, March 18, 2006

The sweater, finally


Ok, I promised... so here it is- the finished black sweater, complete with the original catalog photo for comparison.






(Can we talk about the Anthropologie models for just a moment? I have no problem with skinny models, but man, those women are skinny. Sometimes it is kind of creepy looking...)




On another note, I went to the San Francisco Flower and Garden Show this morning. While I was there I bought two orchids, and one of the orchid sellers gave me some spanish moss too. The moss is making one of my cats go completely bezerk- I had to put it in an enclosed conatiner to keep her from ripping it to pieces and eating it. Go figure. But anyway, the show was lovely- trees plants and flowers everywhere, and the whole place smells like jasmine (I swear they pump in perfume). There are worse ways to spend a Saturday!

3 That's what you say!:

Blogger becky said...

Wow! The sweater looks fab. Very chic in black, and far better than the original one.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Larjmarj said...

I like your black sweater better than the one shown on the pattern. ...and you look a hell of a lot better than that anorexic model. She needs a sammich!

4:04 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Your sweater is beautiful. Great job there!

And are those actually her arms? The one in the red sweater? Medic!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home