*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Monday, April 03, 2006

oh, the humanity of it all.


I have been knitting my butt off! I finished the right front side of my sweater, and am 1/3 of the way through the left side. Aaaaand, the piece that I finished only took one skein of yarn- woohoo! I am a chronic yarn over-buyer... that is to say that if I see some yarn that I like and I know I would like to make a sweater out of it in the future, I will buy like 20 skeins of it, just in case. I mean, you wouldn't want me to run out, right? And what if I decide that I want to knit something really big like pants? Ok, maybe not pants, but you know what I am saying. (I know that knitted pants are bad- I have some!) For this yarn, though, the store that I bought it from only had nine skeins. Oh the humanity of it all... And you know how it is with Koigu- there just is no more. What you have is it. So I was a little nervous. I planned my project accordingly (petite girly cardigan- that's the pattern over there!), but still..... it was a nail biter! Now I can take a deep breath, relax, and keep knitting, secure in the knowlege that I will not have to knit that last sleeve in purple because I ran out of pink. Which is good because I pretty much hate purple.


I did not flash my stash on April 1. My stash is not that cool, plus I was working all day. If you are really sad about that (which I seriously doubt) you should have a look see at Wendy's stash! There now, don't you feel better?


Finally, here is a picture of flowers on my tiny crab-apple tree- aren't they lovely?

3 That's what you say!:

Blogger becky said...

That is a gorgeous color! I feel all drab now in my neutrals...

1:09 PM  
Blogger Ceallach said...

Yep, that's liek the same color as Rowan's cardi.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Aundra said...

My god, i didn't know spring was actually comeing to the bay area, i thought it was ark building time. The flowers are beautiful and match your knitting!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home