*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Friday, March 24, 2006

Yarn Splendor! Or, I'm hungry.

WooHoo its Friday! And I have had a great week- I have two new possible clients, one of whom wants me to do some graphics for a small cable tv show that he is working on (fun fun fun!). So, in honor of my great week, and it being spring and all (and definately not because I don't really have anything better to talk about- I am just loaded with absolutely fascinating subject matter), I decided to slack off and take some photos of my stash yarn. Plus I have a new digital camera and I had to try it out! I only really got two good ones...


This is Habu Kakishibu Cotton Viscose. I only have one skein, and will probably make some decorative household item out of it one day.


This is also Habu- Tsugumi silk, and again, only one skein here!

Ok, ok, so I am hungry.... when I'm done I'll have a snack, I promise. Wouldn't want to waste away or anything (especially right before the weekend!).


And yes, I have been working on my Clap- I have got my mojo on! Look- it has gotten much bigger since the last time you saw it! You can see from the photo that I have looooaaads of yarn left, though, so I am no where near being finished. But still, progress is progress! It should only take about a million years to finish it all!


Here is a close up of the super cool drop stitch pattern- now don't you all want to knit your own Clap?



4 That's what you say!:

Blogger Larjmarj said...

Simply gorgeous! What yarn are you using? I was looking at some the other night....dreaming of a clapotis of my own.

4:02 PM  
Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

Thanks Larjmarj (I looove your user name- you rock!)! The Clapotis yarn is Lorna's Laces "Helen's Lace-" I really like both the yarn and the Clapotis- the drop stitch portion of the pattern is freakishly satisfying- sort of like getting revenge on my knitting for all of the dropped stitches and other mistakes that I have had to fix in the past...

11:43 PM  
Blogger jae said...

Hiya...I'm knitting a Clap too! looks like we are in almost about the same place. I can relate to the satisfaction of dropped stitches. I only wish I had sprung for the lornas laces. Looks like your camera is working great and congrats on you new client.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Ceallach said...

WOW, great photos....I think that you should do notecards.....Japanese style.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home