*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Friday, March 31, 2006

I need a pineapple drink (or new shoes)

Quick, the sun is out- take some pictures! Oh, no, waaaaiiiit.... there it goes. Can I complain a little more about the rain? It has rained in San Francisco for 24 out of 30 days so far this month. Today will no doubt bring that total up to 25 out of 31. My deck is slowly turning a greenish hue (you think I am kidding but I'm not!) and everything is soggy. AND my photos are suffering- inside light is just not that good. I think I need to go shoe shopping. Or to a sunny beach somewhere where drinks come in pineapples with tiny umbrellas and plastic monkeys on them. Seriously, how do you people in Seattle do it? Or can you not answer my question because you are all in Mexico drinking pineapple drinks right now? Right- that's what I thought.

Anyway... So guess what my wonderful friend Betts gave me last night at knitting? Vintage 12 inch red knitting needles! Wasn't that nice of her?! I helped her out with a little graphic design something-or-other, and since she remembered that I love brightly colored vintage needles, she gave me these in return. How nice is that?


Guess what? (some of you will answer "chicken butt" to that question- you know who you are) It is new project time! My favorite time of the year (except for vacation time, but during vacation time it is usually new project time too--- so vacation time is like having the cake and eating it too, and you know how infrequent that is!)! I am making my new project with my favorite yarn of the year. Here is a hint of what it is:

Can you just guess? What is the most popular yarn on the planet, beloved by all and yet knitted by only some due to it's being really hard to find in a store? That is right- Koigu KPPPM. I will be making a snappy fitted cardigan (which I refuse to call a cardi- sorry all you cardi people out there, but I am just not a cardi person) which will be perfect for spring, and I will be knitting it really really fast so that I can wear it while it still is spring. Sort of like Olympic knitting, except for that I missed the Olympics- when are the Special Olympics?

And finally, someone called my house this morning at 10 after seven. I was asleep, in bed. So I did not answer the phone- so, they called back. My wide awake drinking coffee in the kitchen husband did not answer the phone either, rather, he rushed up the stairs, full speed, and burst into the bedroom to make sure that I knew- "the phone is ringing!" Uuuh, yeah, I got that. Perhaps answering it might remedy the situation? I mean I, with all of that sleep in my voice could not answer it (or I would be forced to endure- "were you asleep?" "no, I was awake!" "really? Because you sound like you were sleeping." "no really, I was awake..." you know how that goes), but what was his excuse? And the caller, who wanted to talk to us so badly at 7:10 in the morning that they called not once but twice, did not leave a message.

3 That's what you say!:

Blogger elmcitymom said...

At least it wasn't me calling at ten past seven...

2:23 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Not me either. I would have left a lot of heavy breathing.. JUST KIDDING!

Special Olympics.. hmm.. I wonder when they are, too. Will our favorite harlot give us a medal? I passed on that last 16 day marathon of knitting, too. Hope you don't run into any snags in your marathon of Spring.
Red Needles! You can only GUESS at how jealous I have become. I only have some strange aqua colored ones. Or maybe they are blue?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Ceallach said...

CARDI!
CARDI!
CARDI!
CARDI!
CARDI!
CARDI!
CARDI!
CARDI!
CARDI!
CARDI!
CARDI!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home