*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Entertaining myself.

So I bought this old Needlework Magazine from January 1967. I was leafing through it, and there amongst the ads for half price accordions and pet monkeys (I swear) there was an ad for Herrschners. As a special introductory offer, Herrschners would sent me sixty (count 'em- sixty!) skeins of embroidery floss for $1.98. Well, I don't embroider much, but heck, sixty skeins for $1.98 is too good to pass up! So the ad was from 39 years ago, so the address had changed. A girl's got to do something for entertainment, right? And since I know the postage went up, I put in an extra 80 cents.


Now, about the Koigu sweater... I picked up about a billion (or a zillion or a quatrillion- I forget at this point) stitches- up one side, around the collar, and then down the other side. Then I started knitting, and I knit and I knit, and I calculated the button holes and all that and I knit and knit and knit and then I stepped back and said to myself "Hey... this looks really sucky!" So after some expert consultation with my sister, I have decided to finish the current buttonband, just in case the Virgin Mary comes down from the sky and performs a miracle on my button band and it becomes fab (and we would call it The Miracle of the Button Band, and everywhere I went people would be in awe of my holy sweater). However, I am fully expecting to have to rip it out and find another (less holy) solution.

Finally, can we talk about a pet peeve for just a moment? Manly. Laptop. Bags. Hello- I am a girl. Had anyone noticed? So why do practically all laptop bags look like they are for members of The Starfleet Federation? So I bought this. From here. Thank you!

1 That's what you say!:

Blogger becky said...

That is priceless. You HAVE to let us know if you get the embroidery floss!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home