*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Friday, May 26, 2006

Unfashionable socks.

My husband injured his back last Saturday, and as a result he has been working from home all week. Well, today, we decided to run out for some Starbucks, and when we got back, guess what we found?

Kitty had decided to help him with his work. Now, was that nice of her or what?

So my good friend Ceallach went to London (lucky her!) on business, and she had the good fortune to have a few free moments (you can read about them here) in which to go yarn shopping... look what she brought me! A whole load of Colinette Prism, Rowan Calmer, and Rowan Linen Drape. I think that each will become a sweater this coming fall- the Linen Drape will likely become a cardigan with a lacey edge, the Prism will be a simple fitted pullover, and I am not sure about the calmer yet, but of course I have some ideas and lots of Rowan Mags to help me out!

A few days ago, I bought some cute socks. Yesterday, when I went to put a pair on, I made a horrifying discovery... my socks are a Fashion No Show. Hmmm. If I had known that I definitely would not have purchased them- I mean, a girl needs all the help she can get, right? And the last thing she needs is to be undermined by unfashionable socks. Ok, seriously, what was the person who designed the label thinking?

DillyDally Knitter and I wend Secret Pal shopping in San Francisco yesterday! Of course, I can't show you what we bought, but rest assured that if you knew our secret pals, you would be way jealous of them. On a side note, DillyDally is a big giant enabler- she sent me a link to the Cascade Fixation Sock KAL, and of course I had to join. More on that (plus my second Noni!) tomorrow!

1 That's what you say!:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

I love the maniacal smile on Kitty's face.

Good score on the fancy yarn from England!!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home