*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Thursday, May 18, 2006

New tote!

Viola- finito!

Well, Ok, I am not 100% sure that it is finished- I may add some ribbon embellishments or something, but then again maybe not because that would fancy it up quite a bit. Anyway, it did not quite felt to size, but I got a nice tote out of the deal.





It was somewhat difficult to line- it flares out quite a bit at the top, so unless you are willing to put the time into a lining with darts (which I will no doubt do next time, since the lining bugs me) your lining will have lots of extra fabric at the middle, like mine. I love the lining fabric, which is good becuase I have tons of extra!

So this is my knitting tote for my knitting group tonight!






6 That's what you say!:

Blogger becky said...

That is SO CUTE. The lining is excellent, too. If I were you I'd find any old excuse to open up the bag and show off the lining.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

It looks great!

2:01 PM  
Blogger rockstarmom said...

holy crap ,this tote is AWESOME! i think i want one, or maybe even need one! yeah, that fabric is great you should definitely use it more!

www.notaplainjane.com

10:06 AM  
Blogger MsAmpuTeeHee said...

That bag is ADORABLE...and I think the lining is the perfect compliment. It really sets it off.

BTW, I was just rereading your sidebar/blog description...on my fridge I have a magnet that says: Ever notice that what the hell is always the right decision?"
haha ;-)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Aundra said...

It's beautiful. Good work. I keep wanting to felt but just havn't gotten there yet.

9:28 PM  
Blogger KeanaLee said...

That is the coolest bag I have ever seen!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home