*Left Coast Knits

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap. -Cynthia Heimel

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Noni madness

Whew!

Once again, I have been slaving away. Also once again, though, I have managed to squeak in some time to knit and I fiiiinally finished my Koigu cardigan. Here it is in all of it's glory- and may I point out that it has been about 90 degrees out every day since I finished it? Oh well- it will be just the thing for fall in mid November when it will finally get cold enough again here to wear it! I do have to re-sew on the buttons- they way I did it you see the little knots and thread ends if the button band flips over. I know that there is a way to do it so it so that those things don't show (all of the items that I currently own, with the noted exception of my cardigan, are lacking this feature)- I just have to look up what, exactly, it is.

So I was merrily knitting along on my curtains, when I was distracted by the knowlege that DillyDallyKnitter had a Noni Bag pattern. I was thinking about that pattern, and thinking about it, and thinking about it. So then I had to look at their web site. One thing led to another, and I had to make one. Or two or three. So far, I am only part of the way through the first, but I have yarn for two more. Let's hope that I like the finished product- otherwise I have lots of Cascade 220 to use up!

7 That's what you say!:

Blogger becky said...

That cardi is sharp. Love the color! When I finish sewing on buttons, I bring up the needle between the fabric and the button, cut the thread, and use the ends to tie the knot. The knot remains hidden between button and fabric.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Maeve said...

I think I'm in love with your cardigan. Any details on pattern etc...? If you designed it yourself, any estimate of how much Koigu I should buy to recreate it?

9:02 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I was wondering what brought the heat on! Thank you for finishing your cardi (which looks fabulous, btw) because the rain and the cold was starting to get to me.

10:21 AM  
Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

Thanks everyone for the compliments, and Becky, thanks for the button- sewing tips- you were far more helpful than "Couture Sewing," just so you know!

Maeve, I designed the pattern myself, and I think that it took 8 skeins of Koigu (apparently a little Koigu goes a long way!).

3:43 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

That cardigan came out fabulous! Bring it to knit club! (Notice I didn't say "wear it" because it suddenly 90 deg out here!)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Ceallach said...

yeah
yeah

what they said.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous sweater

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home